Friday, December 7, 2007

What I know for sure, v.2007

Seasons Greetings!

Well its that time again for my annual 10 things I know for sure letter! (Okay, so I had 12 this year). I started this traditoin the Christmas before we lost our sweet Andrew when I needed to find a way to focus on all the gifts of the everyday. This is the fifth edition for us to take time to focus on the 'everday' miracles in our life! Its been quite a year, with another big move, and if you have been reading my blog, you know God had to knock us over the head to get us here. However, God has confirmed several times that this is where we are supposed to be! In many ways, a hard transition and in others an easier one.

This is such a therapeutic activity for me, and I encourage you to either make a list of your own or take a few minutes to reflect on the things that we skip right over, that truly are small miracles for us. We'd love to hear from you, whether you make your own list or not.

Merry Christmas~

What I know for sure...

I know that living with a gaggle of spirited children, keeps you acutely aware that you are extremely alive (okay, and tired, too)!

I know there is something so sweet and special about your other children continuing to learn from the legacy their biggest brother left behind.

I know there is nothing more exciting than seeing your nearly nine-year-old who has a hard time relating, start making a point to connect with people by trying to understand football.

I know that its a blessing to finally have answers to long-lasting questions, even though the answers sometimes give you another more precise questions in its place.

I know that while navigating snow can be a pain, there is not just true beauty in what the eyes see, but in what you do not hear, because of the quietness it brings.

I know that you can find the most outgoing, helpful and friendly people while getting your hair cut or having a mishap at the spa!

I know that having an almost three year old who lives on a diet most of could not even fathom, somehow makes you the happiest and most grateful kid most people have ever met!

I know that there is nothing more important as parents, than making every day special and filled with memories because life changes too quickly.

I know there truly is a "Giver's high" and it is a 'high' we should all become addicted to!

I know that living with the tremendous loss of having more family members in heaven than on earth, can make you hold everyone in your life a little closer and hug them a little tighter.

I know that it can make a mom's eyes filled with tears to hear her six year old advocate for her big brother's social inadequacies, her little brother's food allergies and walk in memory of her brother in heaven.

I know that there is something incredibly special about this being the year your child is old enough to enjoy Christmas...and I know he does, because he says
"I LUUUUUB KISSTMAS!!!!"
every chance he gets.

Merry "Kisstmas" to you and yours...May you find some everyday treasures that you "know for sure" this season.

love
deb for the gang

No comments: